Monday, June 30, 2008

Say What?

Hey yall! Welcome back from the weekend! I hope that each and everyone of you had a great and somewhat productive one...but if not, that's cool too ;)

Last night I had a good convo with a friend. He offered advice that made me think, "yea. guys prefer for women to be as blunt as possible. beating around the bush doesn't help." I find it amazing how blunt I can be in pretty much every area of my life. But when it comes to matters of those guys that I crush on, I can't seem to muster up any courage. I guess I've always had the idea in my head, that if I put forth a little effort then he would pursue me. Well that's happened all of about ONCE! Secondly, I didn't want to seem TOO aggressive. However, it's time to be that aggressive girl that goes after what she wants in every aspect of her life. Because this is the second time where the opportunity has passed me up and sitting here with that sad look upon my face like DAYUM! All of that is to say, SEIZE YOUR MOMENT WHEN YOU HAVE IT...you may never get it again.

So as I was driving to work, my boo John Mayer came on the iPod with his song, "Say." Not only did it apply to me, but I thought of all of my friends & loved ones who come to me saying, "I wish I had the guts to them I how really feel"...or "They don't know how much they've hurt me." or anything along those lines. Whether it's good or bad, whatever it is, "Say What You Need to Say!" It's really not about the other person at all, it truly is all about you. Is their something that you're holding back? Not necessarily all "negative" things. But it could something as simple as letting someone know how much they mean to you...or that you want to pursue a relationship with that person (romantically, family wise, sisterly, brotherly).

Start the week off right by getting some things off of your chest...Say what you need to say!

"Say"
Take all of your wasted honor

Every little past frustration
Take all of your so-called problems,
Better put ‘em in quotations

Say what you need to say

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you’d be better off instead,
If you only could . . .

Say what you need to say

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You’d better know that in the end
Its better to say too much
Then never say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As u say whatever it is you have to say FOR YOU, make sure u go into the situation prepared for any type of reaction. If you are not prepared for ANY reaction, you might just get one that you weren't expecting.

SO...JUST BE CAREFUL....

a note from the SAY-er that was DISAPPOINTED!!!