Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Is It REALLY That Random???

As I sat at my desk yesterday having just hung up with a new found friend, I pondered to myself and said, "Self?!" Myself said, "Hmm?" Why did I just recently meet her? Why didn't I meet her while we were both in school together? So naturally I began to reflect over this past year of my life. Mymy! Have I began some GREAT relationships out of random encounters! Since meeting one person in particular who is my TwinSoul, I wondered what was life really like without her. When I asked her, she responded with "I'm like a tampon. You live life fine on pads until you try a tampon and things are never the same after that." LOL! But she is so right! TwinSoul along with about 7 other people have added so much to my life, that I can't ever imagine life without them.

But in the midst of pondering the thought of these 'random encounters,' I began to wonder if they were REALLY that random? Or if it just wasn't our time to either meet or become closer sooner? I mean all of us went to school together...we hung in the exact same circle of friends...we share the same stories, but yet it didn't jump off until a few months ago.

So what do you think...are random moments really random? Or do we just have to wait for the right time and place? If you have any random moments, please share!

3 comments:

Bouier said...

Every waking moment for me is random....

But I think things are random to an extent, and sometimes we aren't supposed to me a certain person until a certain time. The universe is a vast and strange place...

shakeela said...

i believe things seem random to us because we aren't able to fast forward through our stories, take a sneak peak, and then come back to reality. God has already written our journey, and I think we're just follwing the paths put before us. Everyone has a purpose in our life: a reason, season, or lifetime. And we can't rush those encounters. It happens when it's most important and necessary.

Random encounters I've had: meeting you, ms. bond, was "random" because we know quite a few of the same people. the guy i was recently talking to was a "random" encounter because he was one of my best friends' morehouse brother and i had never met him, although i had heard about him many times and i had known her for over a year. yet, the two of us are alike in so many ways but our paths never crossed until God knew we were ready.

Anonymous said...

The Divine doesn't work in randomness. Its just random to us because we never saw the connections coming. It was the right time, trust...